Saturday, June 14, 2008

mint.com

I registered and set-up an account at Mint.com and am amazed by the aesthetics of the site, let alone the functionality. I was able to sync all of my bank accounts (checkin, saving etc.) and all my dreadful credit cards. Being able to see a side by side comparison only reminded me how badly I need to get out of debt. I have not even added my student loans in since that service is not yet available but coming soon. I went ahead and catgeorized several expenses it did not recognize and was able to compare my actual expenses with my excel created budget. There is also a feature to create a budget which it will analyze and compare against your acutal costs.

The best thing about mint.com is that it is free compared to Quicken. Everyone should check it out. I did some research prior to registering and the only concern some people had was of potential security breaches.

I can now log in and update account balances and see the balances of all my assets and liabilities (except student loans). I will continue to use my excel spreadsheets along with mint.com.

No comments: